Rocosoft PTZJoy™ Controller Software Features
Add Precise Joystick Control to TriCaster, vMix, Wirecast, or PC with PTZJoy and Enjoy!
PTZJoy Controller Software will allow you to add a Professional Quality Joystick Controller to your Live Production system just by using any USB Joystick. You will have simultaneous Pan-Tilt-Zoom control with no latency as well as the ability to program the joystick buttons to your liking - switch between cameras, call on presets, control Iris, Focus, and do tons of other things. You will be able to use one of four joysticks, connected to the computer as well as to have four profiles with your own button mapping scenarios per joystick. It also gives you ability to use a Multi-Joystick setup for individual camera control. One USB joystick per camera.
This is the perfect way to replace a bulky and ineffective hardware controller, as PTZJoy can do everything that a hardware controller can plus provides tons of extra features.
You can also use the on-screen Virtual Joystick, directional control buttons with a speed slider, Keyboard shortcuts, or use a Mouse, Trackpad or TrackBall as a joystick.
You can control your cameras from anywhere with any device that has a Web Browser. It's extremely useful when controlling IP cameras that are connected to an internal LAN network. PTZJoy becomes a gateway so the cameras can be controlled over LAN, WI-FI, or WAN with no individual IP addresses needed. They will be just Cam1, Cam2, Cam3, etc. on the controlling device.
Along with using internal camera presets, we also store camera settings externally in the software. The External camera presets can be called with variable speed, so you can select how fast the camera will move between preset positions.
The Preset Visualets - Visual Preset Tiles are fully customizable so you can name your presets as you want and use your own graphics or images as background. The Snip button gives you an easy way to cut an area off the screen to save images for tiles.
The included Multi-Cam Direct Control Panel allows preset management of selected cameras independently of the main panel with no camera switching.
Camera switching is also easy and straight forward since each camera is represented by a Tile that can be customized with your own graphics or an image.
The included PTZPad with Preset Visualizer is a Visual Preset Control Panel that is designed to simplify the logistics of preset switching. PTZPad allows you to creates a visual camera preset layout for one-click preset recall. It gives you immediate visual access to your camera positions and preset locations so you can SEE exactly what preset each camera is going to next, instead of having to remember presets by number or name. You can replace the background of the Panel for each camera or use the PTZLayer feature to make the panel see-through, so the PTZPad window can be layered on top of any live video stream window, like VLC Player or NDI Monitor to achieve Live Video background. The built-in Video Monitor allows you to use any USB Webcam, Video Grabber, or UVC camera for Live Video Background directly in the Preset Visualizer window.
All program settings, button positions and images can be saved in 90 profiles so the profiles can be used for different repetitive scenarios.
You can adjust the camera Exposure settings like Iris, Shutter, Gain, White Balance, Backlight, or access the Camera OSD Menu for more detailed setup.
Camera management can be automated with AutoPan, PresetScan, Task Scheduler, Timeline Task Player, and Camera Tracer.
AutoPan will allow you to move a specific camera left and right on a cycle with a given interval and desired speed.
PresetScan will allow you to move a specific camera between presets on a given interval. Task Scheduler will allow you to schedule tasks for your cameras to complete at a defined time.
Timeline Task Player will allow you to create a timeline of complicated tasks for your cameras to complete. Commands can be broadcasted (let's say all cameras go to Preset3 at a specific moment). The Timeline task lists are saved as files that can be replayed and looped.
Camera Tracer will allow you to record the camera movements. The Traces are saved as files and can be replayed and looped.
The included API tool allows other Production Systems to access PTZ Camera control by sending HTTP Requests to PTZJoy over IP.
HotKeys keyboard shortcuts can be used with Macros and programmable keyboards (like X-Keys or Genovation) for controlling cameras with macro commands based on the keybord ASCII codes.
You can start PTZJoy with Windows as well as run it in the background with features like USB Joystick support so the Joystick control is available momentarily.
If installed on a TriCaster system, PTZJoy can be loaded along with TriCaster Software when TriCaster Starts.
Supports VISCA, Canon, Pelco, CGI, VISCA over IP, and UVC Protocols
No matter what type of PTZ camera you decide to use for your configuration, we have you covered. With options for VISCA, Canon, Pelco Serial Port protocols, CGI and VISCA over IP protocols, and UVC protocol camera control, our software solutions support virtually all professional broadcasting PTZ cameras available on the market today.
TriCaster, vMix, Livestream, Wirecast Integration
The PTZJoy software integrates into the TriCaster, vMix, Wirecast, or Livestream interfaces and adds advanced PTZ controls, powerful preset tools, and camera automation technology to your production system.
Our software becomes part of your production system and provides you with professional PTZ control options and camera management tools and functionality that are significantly more extensive than those offered by the system's internal PTZ control settings.
PTZ Camera Control Made Simple
With several different control options, users can choose to control cameras with a virtual joystick, a USB joystick, keyboard shortcuts, button controls, or turn any laptop touchpad or trackball mouse into a joystick controller.
Precise Camera Control using any USB Joystick with any Computer or Live Production System
Ditch the limited functionality joystick control surfaces! Turn any wired USB joystick, wireless Bluetooth joystick, or gaming joystick into a precise professional PTZ Camera Controller.
- Simultaneous Pan-Tilt-Zoom Control
Three joystick performance modes available:
X-Joystick-panning on X axis only
Slow mode-limit top joystick speed
Soft mode-gradual joystick speed acceleration
Custom Button Mapping for USB Joysticks with up to 30 Buttons
Far-End PTZ Camera Control from any Mobile Device
Control cameras from from any Device with a Web Browser
- Works with iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets, Windows phones and tablets, Google phones and tablets, Mac computers, PCs, and all other devices with a web browser.
- Supports all web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Powerful Preset Management Tools
- Greatly simplify the logistics of preset switching
- Save and recall up to 510 internal and external presets per camera
- Visual Preset and Camera View Tiles for fast preset recall
PTZPad™ Visual Preset Control Panel - Preset Switching Just Got Easier
- Our innovative PTZPad™ Panel creates a visual camera preset layout for one-click preset recall that is perfect for working with complex video production environments.
- This tool makes it so easy to SEE where your presets are instead of having to remember presets by number or name, and allows you to quickly jump to the preset you want with the click of a button.
- Forget about preset lists and never worry about clicking on the wrong camera or preset and missing a shot during your live broadcast.
Touch Screen Device Support
- The PTZJoy Controller Software works on any Windows based device with a touch-screen - Laptop, Tablet, Secondary Monitor
- The Virtual on-screen Joystick and directional control buttons offer smooth camera movements
- The Visual Preset Tiles on the PTZPad Visual Control Panel can be moved, tapped, double clicked, and configured with easy
Powerful Camera Automation Tools
- Scheduling tools for camera automation greatly simplify camera management
- The Event Scheduler tool is for creating playlists for predetermined control of PTZ camera(s) at specific
time. Great for creating daily schedules for cameras.
- The Timeline Task Manager sends commands to multiple cameras simultaneously and is for executing playlists with complex multi-camera movements that can be saved, recalled, and looped.
- The Camera Tracer memorizes the trajectory of camera movements that can be saved, recalled, and looped.
Multi-Camera Direct Control Panel
- Control selected cameras directly independently of the main control panel
- Recall Presets
- Set Presets
- Re-Set Presets
- Manage Preset Tile Background Images.
- Control Pan-Tilt-Zoom of each camera with Directional Control Buttons directly from it's respective block.
- There are three layouts available with easy switching between them - Inline vertical, Inline horizontal, and 2x2 like in the image here