How to Set Up Macros to Control PTZ Cameras and Live Production Equipment
This article explains how to set up Macros using PTZJoy PTZ Camera Controller Software. You can create scripts of commands, called Macros, and use the Macro shortcut buttons in PTZJoy to execute complex sequences of actions with a single click of a button, or a keypress on a joystick or computer keyboard.
- Macro Shortcut Buttons to control vMix, TriCaster, and Panasonic switchers and PTZ Cameras
- A robust library of commands for nearly all PTZ Camera functions, as well as the ability to control any live production equipment that responds to HTTP and VISCA commands directly from PTZJoy Software
- Run Macros using joystick buttons, WebRemote, PTZLive Visual Control Panel, Timeline Player, and external applications using API
- Macro Player adds possibility to execute individual custom commands, run scripts, load programs, send HTTP requests, etc.
How to Create a Macro Shortcut
- Click on the Macro button on PTZJoy interface to activate the Macro Shortcut buttons.
- You should see the Macro Shortcut Buttons appear in the same window where your Preset Buttons are.
- Right Click on desired Macro shortcut button to open up the Macro Player.
- Shown above is a sample Macro Set. Each line in the Macro Player represents a command, for up to 9 commands per macro. To create a Macro Set, input your desired sequence of commands in the fields, set the time (in seconds) at which you want to execute each command in the second column of the player, and click Save.
- You can execute each specific command by clicking on the number buttons on the left, great for testing the script.
- Once you are done creating your Macro Set Shortcut, you can exit the Macro Player and execute the Macro Script by clicking on the Macro Shortcut Button from the PTZJoy interface.
You can also run your Macros using joystick buttons, WebRemote, PTZLive Visual Control Panel, Timeline Task Manager, and external applications using API.
To run macros using a joystick button shortcut, simply assign one of the buttons on your joystick controller to run macro commands. (Read More)
To run macros using Timeline Task Manager, simply add the desired Macro shortcut(s) as an event to play on your timeline. (Read More)
To run macros using PTZLive Visual Control Panel, simply click on the Macros button in the top right corner to activate the macro shortcuts on the panel. Your Macro shortcut buttons will appear on the screen and you simply click on the desired Macro to run it.
To run macros using the WebRemote far end controller, simply load the controller on your mobile device and run macros using the macro shortcut buttons on the WebRemote. (Read More)
Need to Control Your IP or VISCA PTZ Cameras?
Check out our line of professional PTZ Camera Controller Software products for IP or Serial port VISCA PTZ Cameras.
Need a USB to VISCA Control Cable? We also make PTZ Gear.
Check out our selection of Serial RS-232, Serial RS-422, and Serial RS-485 to USB Control Cable sets for both single and multi-camera configurations: