PTZJoy PTZ Camera Controller allows users to easily set and recall preset positions for multiple PTZ cameras. You can configure up to 255 internal and 255 external presets per camera* and recall them by "dialing" in your preset number and clicking call. The Preset Dialer will allow you to easily manage your presets in one place.
How to Set and Recall Presets
- Make sure the Tiles button is not selected and the Preset Dialer Buttons are visible on the main controller.
- Move your camera in the desired position, select a preset number and name your preset if needed, and click Set to save the changes.
- Repeat for up to 255 internal and 255 external presets*
- To recall a preset, use the preset selection buttons to select preset number and click Call. The current preset number and name will appear on the screen. You can also just dial a preset number and click
Call to move the camera to the saved position.
- If using USB Joystick to select presets, the current preset number and name will also appear on the screen.
*depends on how many presets your camera can store and the version of PTZJoy Controller Software you have.
Working with External Presets
With Internal Camera Presets, the camera itself stores the preset positions. We just send a command to recall a specific preset number.
With External Camera Presets, we store camera position coordinates in our software. It’s a process that requires a perfect two-way communication between the cameras and the controlling computer.
Click on the "Int"-"Ext" text field to switch between Internal and External camera presets.
External presets will give you an option to change the pan/tilt speed between presets. The Fade Speed slider is in the Tools Panel.
Important for Serial Port Cameras:
The External Presets Feature will only work if your VISCA Control Cable is wired correctly for the two-way communication.
Check your cable with our VISCA PTZ Tester Software. Your system works if you see a clear response (example: 90 41 FF 90 51 FF) from the camera after each command.
Only one program can be connected to a specific COM Port at a given time as well as only one computer or one hardware joystick controller can be connected to a single VISCA camera or to the Daisy Chain of the cameras on a specific COM Port at a given time. Please Exit PTZJoy before starting VISCA Tester Software. Exit Tester Software before starting PTZJoy.
Need to Control Your IP or VISCA PTZ Cameras?
Check out our line of professional PTZ Camera Controller Software products for IP or Serial port VISCA PTZ Cameras.
Need a USB to VISCA Control Cable? We also make PTZ Gear.
Check out our selection of Serial RS-232, Serial RS-422, and Serial RS-485 to USB Control Cable sets for both single and multi-camera configurations: